- 115 g clotted cream
- 1 tbsp Golden syrup
- 115 g soft brown sugar
- finely grated zest of 1 large orange
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda, (level)
- ½ tsp cream of tartar, (level)
- 230 g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C gas 4.
- Lightly bring together the cream, syrup and sugar together, say 1 minute.
- Add the bicarb, cream of tartar, flour and orange zest, then mix well.
- Press onto a 21cm piece of parchment-lined baking tray or tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-35 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes before lifting out, then cut into fingers.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket