Can be made the day before and gently re-heated.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 small onion, very finely chopped
- 200 g Roquefort cheese
- 75 g hazelnuts finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise, heaped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 500 g short pastry, rolled out nice and thin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- beaten egg, to egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 200C, Gas 6 and grease a baking sheet
- Heat the oil add the onion, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place in a bowl and cool. Add the cheese, nuts, basil and mayonnaise and mix really well.
- Roll out the short pastry nice and thin.
- Cut out 16 or so 6cm roughly diameter circles from the pastry and cover to prevent them from drying out.
- Lightly brush one pastry disc with egg wash around the edges.
- Place a small spoonful of the cheese mixture onto one side, then fold over the pastry and pinch edges to seal well.
- Repeat to make more turnovers.
- Brush the turnovers with egg wash, sprinkle with sea salt and cracked black pepper, then place on baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for about 15 -20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket