This classic combination is the perfect summer lunch or supper pudding. The secret is not to over stir the mixture when combining all the ingredients, so you see the beautiful colours and textures. The best part is the rose petal syrup. The rose flavour works beautifully with ripe summer strawberries. Always pick roses when it's sunny and after the dew has evaporated to guarantee the most wonderful perfume.
- 2 (pink) roses, perfumed if possible
- 1 tbsp rosewater
- juice of 2 lemons
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 200 g Carnation Condensed Milk Light
- few drops of vanilla extract
- 300 ml carton whipping cream, lightly whipped
- 400 g fresh English strawberries, hulled and cut into quarters
- 6 small meringues or meringue nests, crushed, but not too small
- Pick the rose petals from the stalks.
- Roughly chop, place in a small bowl with the rosewater, lemon juice and icing sugar, and leave for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Using a hand blender, whizz the mixture to a loose puree, leaving small pieces of rose petals visible.
- Fold the condensed milk, vanilla extract, and whipping cream in a large bowl, then gently fold in the strawberries.
- Place a layer of crushed meringue in the bottom of a large glass bowl or six individual glasses. Spoon over a little of the strawberry cream mixture, followed by a little rose petal puree.
- Repeat the layers, finishing with crushed meringues.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket