- 85 g raisins
- 3 tbsp dark rum
- 0.5 tsp nutmeg
- 300 ml carton whipping cream
- 100 ml semi skimmed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 6 tbsp Carnation Condensed Milk
- caster sugar to glaze
- Soak the raisins in the rum for an hour or so or, if you have time, overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 150C, 300F, Gas Mark 2.
- Divide the raisins between six ramekins, 7.5cm x 4cm (3-inch x 1½ inch) or similar size coffee cups.
- Pour the cream and milk into a pan. Add the nutmeg and bring it gently to a boil.
- Mix the egg yolks and condensed milk in a large jug. Carefully pour the cream mixture onto the eggs and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Divide the custard mixture into the ramekins.
- Place the dishes into a deep baking tin and fill the tin with enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the dishes.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 40 minutes until just set (the custard should still be wobbly in the centre).
- Remove from the oven and place the dishes on a rack to cool.
- Chill well in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill to its highest setting
- Sprinkle a thin layer of caster sugar over each dish, ensuring the custard is covered.
- Place under the grill for 5-6 minutes until the sugar has melted to a golden brown. Alternatively, use a hand-held blowtorch.
- Repeat the process for a generous caramel layer. Cool slightly before serving.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket