- 350 g jar baby artichokes in oil
- 350 g fresh asparagus tips
- 1 tbsp any vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pinch caster sugar
- finely grated zest of ½ lemon, plus a little juice
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 150 g lamb's lettuce or other
- 4 soft-boiled eggs, cooked for 4-5 minutes then cooled
- a few shavings of fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Drain the artichokes well, then cut each into quarters.
- Cook the asparagus tips in plenty of boiling, salted water for about 2 minutes, then lift out of the water and plunge into a bowl of cold water to refresh.
- When cool, drain well and place on kitchen paper to dry. Keep at room temperature.
- Make the dressing. Place the vinegar in a bowl, season then add the sugar, lemon zest and a touch of the juice. Whisk in the oil.
- Wash the lambs lettuce then drain well.
- Shell the eggs carefully.
- Toss the asparagus tips and artichokes together in a bowl with a little dressing, then arrange on a serving plate for everyone to help themselves.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthways. They should be just runny and soft arrange on the asparagus and artichokes.
- Add a little of the dressing and salt and pepper to the lambs lettuce, then toss. Pile the lambs lettuce on top of the salad and add the Parmesan if using.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket