- 350 g jar baby artichokes in oil
- 350 g English asparagus tips
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 pinch caster sugar
- finely grated zest of ½ lemon, plus a little juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 12 quails eggs
- 300 g lambs lettuce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Drain the artichokes and cut each into quarters.
- Cook the asparagus tips in plenty of boiling salted water for about 2 minutes, then lift out of the water and plunge into a bowl of cold water to refresh. When cool, drain well and place on kitchen paper to dry. Keep at room temperature.
- For the dressing. Place the sherry vinegar into a bowl, season and add a pinch of sugar, the lemon zest and a touch of the juice, then whisk in the oil.
- Wash the lambs lettuce, drain well.
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil, carefully add the quail eggs, and bring the water back to the boil; cook for 2-3 minutes. After this time, immediately place the pan under cold running water to cool quickly. Then carefully peel the cooled eggs.
- Toss the asparagus tips and artichokes together in a bowl with a little dressing, then arrange on plates.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthways; they should be just runny and soft, and arrange six halves on each plate. Finally, add a little of the dressing and salt and pepper to the lambs lettuce and toss, then pile on top of the salad.
- Finally, add a little of the dressing and salt and pepper to the lambs lettuce and toss, then pile on top of the salad.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket