A classic way to enjoy healthier oily fish; this works really well with a green salad and a yoghurt, dill and mustard dip.
For the Fishcakes
- 400 g salmon fillet, boneless and skined, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, white
- ½ bunch small bunch of fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
For the Dip
- 100 g low-fat Greek yoghurt
- ½ small bunch of fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 bunches cherry tomatoes on the vine, roasted
- 4 lemon wedges
- For the fishcakes, put the salmon, egg white, our, dill, mustard and lemon juice in a bowl, season with black pepper and mix well. Lightly squash the mixture together, and then with clean, floured hands, divide it evenly and shape it into four round patties. Place on a plate, then cover and chill in the fridge for about 10 minutes before cooking.
- Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the dip (if making) in a small bowl, then cover and chill until you are ready to serve.
- To cook the fishcakes, heat the oil in a shallow pan over medium heat until hot. Place the fishcakes into the hot oil, cook for a few minutes to colour on the underside, then turn them over with a palette knife. Cook until lightly cooked on the inside and golden and crisp on the outside, about 8-10 minutes.
- If you are making the dip simply stir the yoghurt, dill and mustard together.
- Serve each fishcake with a small bunch of roasted cherry tomatoes on the vine and a lemon wedge. Enjoy with a dollop of dip and some green salad.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket