Salmon is nutrient-rich and an excellent source of high-quality protein, vitamins and minerals (including potassium, selenium and vitamin B12), but it is the omega-3 fatty acids that receive the most attention, and they are very good for your noodle!
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh sage chopped finely
- 1 red pepper, de seeded and cut into 2cm pieces
- 75 g baby spinach leaves
- 250 g cooked Jersey Royal potatoes, cut into 2cm cubes, skin on
- 6 medium free-range eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 225 g fresh salmon fillet, free of skin, cut into 3cm pieces
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Heat the oil, add the onions, sage and pepper, cook for 10 minutes to soften, then add the spinach and wilt.
- Whisk the eggs together and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the potatoes to the onions, pepper and spinach, then lightly mix.
- Pour the eggs over the potatoes, onions, spinach and sage.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes to half cook the egg.
- Remove from the oven and place the salmon pieces on top.
- Return the pan to the oven, cook for a further 8-10 minutes until the eggs are just cooked through and the salmon is about half cooked.
- Remove the pan from the oven, cover with foil and leave for 10 minutes to finish off the cooking of the eggs and salmon.
- Cut and serve with the salsa.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket