- 16 baby squid, cleaned and dried in kitchen towel
- 200 g self raising flour
- 300 ml milk
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp freshly milled black pepper
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp granulated or caster sugar
- Make sure that the baby squid is clean and thoroughly dry - you may need to pat them dry using a piece of kitchen paper. Then, remove the head and tentacles from the squid.
- Dust with a little salt and pepper mix, a few squids at a time in the flour, dip into the milk, then dust again in flour. Re dust if needed.
- Heat the oil to 190C, then fry the squid until golden and crisp - it's best to do this in small batches, so the oil retains its temperature. Drain squid on kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle over the salt and sugar serve straight away with fresh lime squeezed over.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket