- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 pinch garam masala
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ cm pieces
- 150 g petit pois peas, cooked
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 250 g sheets Filo pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 bunch fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 220C gas 7.
- Heat the oil, add the onions and garlic, then the spices and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Next, add the spuds and cook for a further 5-6 minutes, turning all the time.
- Cover with a lid and steam the potatoes until cooked, probably be 8-10 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the lid and cook until all the liquid has gone, then add the peas and coriander off the heat.
- Season well with salt and pepper, then cool.
- Lay the filo out and cut into 8cm squares, or slightly smaller.
- Stick two pieces together with a bit of egg and spoon a large teaspoon of the mixture into the centre.
- Egg the edges, fold up, and squeeze the tops together, making it look like a small money bag.
- If you want to be a bit cheffy, tie a fresh chive around the top.
- Egg well, then bake in the oven for 15 minutes until cooked and nicely coloured.
- Serve warm but not too hot.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket