Sausages enough said !!
- 2 oil, (any type will do)
- 400 g prime pork sausages
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 400 g tomatoes
- 400 g red kidney beans, well rinsed
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 300 ml strong chicken stock
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C Gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof pan with a lid, add the sausages and brown well. Add the tomato puree and mix well.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the cornflour and mix thoroughly. Cover and cook in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and uncover. Bring to a gentle simmer on the hob. Blend the cornflour with a little cold water, then stir into the dish and cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket