The sun is out at the moment, but you can't beat a hearty sausage traybake, and this is packed with tasty peppers, olives and lentils, so, as the evening starts drawing in, this a great antidote to that autumnal feeling.
- 2 red peppers
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, cut in 1cm pieces leave the skin on
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken Oxo stock cube
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500 g cooked lentils, (2 x 250g tetra packs)
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 8 good quality sausages (browned on one side)
- 3 tbsp black olive tapenade
- 4 tbsp basil or parsley, roughly chopped fresh
- Preheat the oven to 220 C gas 7.
- Cut and de-seed the peppers, then cut onto 3cm pieces roughly, then place into a bowl.
- Add the potatoes, oil, oxo cubes, salt and pepper and really mix well.
- Tip into a baking tray spread over the lentils and the tomatoes.
- Top with the sausages, cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and dot over a little olive tapenade and herbs, serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket