- 500 g puff pastry, ready rolled
- 500 g sausages removed from skins, left whole
- 6 tbsp pickle
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 190C, gas 5.
- Cut the pastry into 12cm long slices. Dock the centre well.
- Cut the outside 4cm of each side of the strip into 2-3cm tapes. Leaving the centre docked area uncut.
- Spoon the pickle down the centre of the docked pastry. Next, place the sausage down the centre third of the pastry.
- Lightly egg the outside tapes.
- Take pastry strips from alternate sides and lie over the sausage meat to make a plait. Tuck any extra strips underneath. Glaze the plait with a beaten egg.
- Transfer to a baking tray and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket