- 500 g puff pastry
- 25 g butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 500 g sausage meat
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 170C gas 3.
- Roll out the pastry to a 30cm square
- Melt butter in a frying pan, add the onion and cook gently for 5 - 10 minutes, until softened, cool.
- Place the sausage mixture down the centre third of the pastry, leaving a border about 4cm empty at the top and bottom, then spoon the onions evenly on top of the sausage meat.
- Cut slits in the pastry from about 3cm away from the sausage mixture to the edges, approx 2 cm wide.
- Fold the top and bottom borders of pastry over the sausage meat, then take pastry strips from alternate sides and lie over the sausage meat to make a plait. Tuck any extra strips underneath.
- Glaze the plait with beaten egg.
- Transfer to a baking tray and cook for 45 - 55 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket