- 500 g good quality sausage meat, 20% fat
- 2 tsp dried sage
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch freshly ground pepper
- 4 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- 300 g good quality ready-rolled all-butter puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 190°C gas 5.
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling together well.
- Roll out the puff pastry to roughly 40cm x 12cm wide
- Place the sausage meat down one side of the pastry and fold over the pastry to cover the sausage meat entirely.
- Place the fold underneath, then brush well with beaten egg.
- Re chill for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until golden and cooked right through.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket