- 500 g puff pastry
- 2 tbsp any oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium courgettes, cut into 1cm pieces a mix of yellow and green is nice.
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped finely
- 650 g sausage meat
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 170C, Gas 3.
- Roll out the pastry to a 40cm x 30cm rectangle.
- Roughly measure to halfway across the 30cm wide piece roughly 15cm.
- Mark and then measure 6cm on each side of the centre.
- From the 6cm outwards cut, 2cm wide cuts the full length of the full 40cm on both sides, so you get your lattice pieces to fold over. Re chill well.
- Next, heat the oil and add the onion, garlic and courgette and cook over. High heat to soften and get some nice colour.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge, lay it on a baking tray.
- Mix the tomatoes into the sausage meat really well.
- Mould the sausage meat into a long sausage and lay down the centre of the pastry, making sure it doesn’t spread past the sliced edges.
- Press the cooked onions, garlic and courgettes into the top of the meat.
- Starting at the top, lift up the sliced pastry and fold over the sausage meat on a slight angle.
- Repeat from the other side, working your way down the entire pastry to create a lattice effect.
- Brush well with beaten egg and pop into the oven and cook for 45-50 minutes or until golden and cooked through
- Transfer to a baking tray and cook for 45 - 55 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket