This is a great snack idea, easy to make and very tasty.
- 250 g mashed potato, no milk or butter
- 3 medium free-range eggs, beaten together
- 1 medium egg white
- 1½ tbsp flour
- 75 cold milk
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable oil
- 200 g Ricotta cheese
- 4 large open mushrooms, cut into ½ cm slices lengthways
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 50 g butter
- 50 olive oil
- Place the cold mashed potatoes into a bowl. Beat in the flour, then add the milk, egg and egg whites.
- Season well with salt and pepper, then fold in the spring onions.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and spoon in 4 large spoonfuls of the thick batter, and cook for a couple of minutes or until browned. Then flip over to colour the other side. Repeat the process until all the mixture is cooked. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and butter in a wok or large frying pan until just browning.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add the mushrooms, season well and cook over high heat for a couple of minutes to colour.
- Add the parsley and keep warm.
- Lay the cakes onto warm plates, top with ricotta cheese, and finally spoon over the sliced mushrooms and juices
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket