A simple but tasty way to enjoy Partridge.
- 1 medium Bramley apple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2cm pieces
- meat from 2 partridge, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 175 ml dry cider
- 0.5 of a chicken stock cube (or gluten free stock cube)
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, roughly chopped
- pinch sugar
- 25 g unsalted butter
- Melt the 50g unsalted butter in a non-stick frying pan, until slightly golden and bubbling.
- Add the apple and gently sauté 2-3 minutes to colour slightly.
- Add the partridge and again, just colour slightly, but do not overcook.
- Remove the apple and partridge and keep warm.
- Add the cider and stock cube to the pan and bring to the boil, reduce by half.
- Add the tarragon, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Finally, add the 25g butter and swirl through.
- Do not overcook the partridge. The meat should be rose pink when cut open.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket