This really is the best way of getting the best flavour out of any root veg. It transforms them hugely. Making them sweet and delicious.
- 2 medium swede
- 4 cloves garlic crushed, skin on
- olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Trim and peel the swedes and cut into nice 4cm pieces
- Place the swede into a pan, so they are nicely packed in (this way, you use less oil)
- Add the oil and garlic cloves and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place on the stove and just bring to the boil, then add a lid and turn the heat right down.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, or until the swedes are soft, but not falling apart, carefully remove from the oven and cool.
- When cool, drain and pat dry on kitchen paper. Keep the oil for the next time or use it to make salad dressing.
- When ready to serve, heat a non stick frying pan add a little of the olive oil you cooked the swede.
- Sauté the cooked Swedes well with salt and pepper gently until slightly browning. Cooking any root vegetable in this way concentrates the natural sugars, so take care, as they will burn if you are not careful.
- Cooking any sort of root vegetable this way concentrates the natural sugars, so take care, as they will burn if you are not careful.
- When ready, serve hot with the pie.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket