- 24 langoustine tails, defrosted (my local chippy serves 6 per portion)
- 6 tbsp cornflour or arrowroot or any starch
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 250 g natural dried breadcrumbs
- tartar sauce, chips, lemon wedge
- Dry the tails on some kitchen towel.
- Toss in the cornflour, then in the beaten egg and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Press well and chill until needed.
- Heat the oil to 180C.
- Drop 12 in and cook for 5-6 minutes, turn out and drain well on kitchen towel.
- Let the oil get back to 180C and repeat with the second batch.
- Drain well and season with a little salt.
- Serve in a basket with chips, lemon wedge, sprig parsley and tartar sauce.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket