- 70 g blended butter
- 450 g self-raising flour
- 70 g caster sugar
- 50 g raisins, optional
- 150 semi-skimmed milk
- extra milk for glazing the scones
- 6 strawberry jam
- ½ double cream, very lightly whipped
- 500 g strawberries, washed, hulled and cut in half
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C gas 4.
- Carefully rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Next, add the caster sugar and raisins (if you are adding), mix well but lightly, and then add enough milk to form a soft dough.
- Handle gently, turn out onto a floured surface, knead lightly, and then roll out with a rolling pin to about 2-3 cm thick.
- Using a plain or fluted 6cm cutter, cut out 10 scones. There will be a little mixture left, re-roll and cut out two further scones.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking tray and leave to rise for 10 minutes.
- When ready, brush each one with a little milk and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or so until well browned and risen, then remove from the oven and cool.
- To serve, cut each scone in half, place ½ tbsp of jam onto each half and then top with cream and finally two halves of strawberry.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket