Make Mother's Day Special
- 250 g plain flour
- 200 g strong white flour
- pinch salt
- 70 g stork margarine
- 25 g baking powder
- 70 g caster sugar
- 250 buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Pre heat the oven to 220C, gas 7
- Rub the flour, salt, margarine, baking powder, sugar together. Gradually add the buttermilk, The mixture should be quite wet.
- Remove from the bowl and bring together. Roll out and cut 10 7cm x 3cm deep scones. Place on a baking tray and cover with cling film. leave for 15 minutes.
- Brush with milk or beaten egg. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until well-risen and light brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, slice in half, thickly spread with jam and clotted cream.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket