- 600 g piece middle fillet of salmon, skin on but scaled
- vegetable oil
- 4 medium shallots, very finely chopped
- 50 ml sherry vinegar
- 600 ml strong fish stock
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- pinch sugar
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 100 g fresh watercress, roughly chopped
- Place the shallots, vinegar and fish stock into a pan and bring to the boil. Cook until well reduced, probably 10 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan and season the salmon well with salt and pepper.
- Cook skin side up for 2-3 minutes, so the salmon takes a little colour.
- Flip over and cook for a further 5-6 minutes, then remove from the heat and cover with foil and leave to rest for the same amount of time.
- Meanwhile, add the cream to the stock and boil for a couple of minutes to thicken slightly.
- Season with salt, pepper and a little sugar.
- Remove from the heat, add the watercress and mix through just before serving.
- Place the salmon onto a deep serving dish and spoon over the light watercress sauce.
- Serve with a crusty baguette.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket