Tuna steak, lightly oiled, seared or grilled, served with a hummus style red kidney bean salad with fresh lime.
- 600 g raw tuna, (4 x 150g) frozen (defrosted)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large fresh limes
- 1 red kidney beans, drained
- 300 g hummus
- 2 garlic cloves
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tsp dried paprika
- Place the drained beans, houmous, garlic, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, salt, pepper, parsley and paprika in a blender.
- Blitz until you have a nice puree, then spoon into a bowl. Season well with salt, pepper and the juice of 1 lime.
- Heat a frying pan or skillet.
- Lightly oil the tuna steaks, season well with salt and pepper, then fry for 4 minutes. Turn over and cook the other side. The tuna should be nice and pink in the middle.
- Serve the tuna steaks on warm plates with a large dollop of houmous and half a lime.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket