- 700 g raw tuna, (4 x 175g)
- 200 ml Mirin, (sweet fermented Japanese rice liqueur)
- 150 soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown miso paste
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 60 g fresh mint leaves, washed well and chopped finely
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp chilli, heaped chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- finely grated zest and juice from 1 large lime
- freshly milled black pepper
- Place the mint, tomatoes, chilli, garlic, lime juice, zest, and olive oil into a bowl and mix well.
- Spoon into a bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the mirin, soy, miso paste, sesame oil, sugar, and vinegar into a saucepan, mix well, and then bring to a boil.
- Lightly oil the tuna steaks, season well with pepper and salt.
- Heat a frying pan, then sear the steaks for 1 minute on each side, DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Serve with a little chutney and a spoon of the sauce.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket