- 150 g Instant custard, 2 x 75g packets
- 350 g white chocolate chopped
- 12 trifle sponges
- 4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 100 mls dry sherry
- 250 g can mandarins, drained
- 750 double cream, lightly whipped with a little icing sugar and vanilla extract
- 12 glace cherries
- 100 g angelica
- grated white chocolate
- Make up the custard to makers instructions with boiling water, then add the white chocolate and mix well until melted.
- Slice the sponges in half horizontally and spread evenly with the jam. Replace the top, then cut into small cubes, place half in the bottom of a large bowl, then sprinkle with the sherry.
- Sprinkle over half the mandarins and cover with half the custard/chocolate mix.
- Add the rest of the sponge, then the rest of the fruit and top with the rest of the custard.
- Chill really well. Best really overnight.
- When ready to serve, whip the double cream, icing sugar and vanilla together, do not overwhip.
- Pile into the set trifle.
- Sprinkle with plenty of grated chocolate and decorate with piped cream, cherries and nice long spears of angelica.
- Top with a little grated white chocolate and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket