An easy pudding that can be made well in advance. A little fruit is also nice on top before the sauce is spooned over.
- 570 ml double cream
- 1 tsp specially selected Colombian freeze dried coffee granules
- 1 pinch salt
- 80 g bitter chocolate, chopped (70%)
- 4 medium egg yolks
- 120 g granulated sugar
For the Sauce
- 100 g Choceur white chocolate
- 100 ml double cream
- grated bitter chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 170C, Gas mark 3.
- In a pan bring the cream, coffee and salt to a boil, then add the chopped chocolate. Remove from the heat and stir until dissolved.
- In a bowl whisk the egg yolks and sugar just to bring together.
- Pour the chocolate milk on to the egg mixture and stir well.
- Pour into 4 or 6 (depending on the size) small china pots or ramequins. Egg cups are a fun alternative for children.
- Place the pots carefully into a baking tray half-filled with boiling water, cover with foil and place in the oven. Cook for about 30 minutes or until just set and slightly wobbly. Be careful to not overcook!
- When cooked, remove from the tray and cool, then chill them well.
- To serve, melt the white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, then add the cream, stir until smooth and silky.
- Top the chocolate pots with the hot sauce and grated bitter chocolate. Perfect!
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket