- 500 g mixed dried fruit, sultanas, currants, raisins, cherries
- 250 g unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 250 ml cold water
- 200 g caster sugar
- 80 g runny honey
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 280 g self-raising flour, sieved
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- Preheat the oven to 180C gas 4.
- Pop the fruit, water, butter, honey and sugar into a saucepan and JUST bring to the boil, stir well, cover with film and leave to cool.
- When cool, stir in the eggs then the flour and finally the bicarb and mixed spice and stir well but do not overwork.
- Pop into a lined 28cm square baking tray bake, then bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes.
- Cool then turn out and leave to cool completely before trying to cut.
- Serve with clotted cream and a drizzle of runny honey.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket