- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 200 g long grain rice
- 400 ml roughly boiling water, or double the volume of water to rice
- 1 chicken Oxo stock cube, crushed
- freshly milled black pepper
- 2 tbsp cubed and cold salted butter
- Preheat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil and add the onion cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and coat well in the oil and onions.
- Add the boiling water, sprinkle in the stock cubes, stir, and bring it back to the boil.
- Pop in the oven with the lid on for 14 minutes.
- Once cooked, stir well and add the butter, re-season and leave for 5 minutes covered.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket