The dish is really easy. I use a combination of basil and parsley, but you can experiment with other herb combinations too. The braising method gives the rice a nice texture and makes it more flavourful than plain rice.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 200 g long grain rice
- 200 g frozen peas
- 400 ml roughly boiling water, or double the volume of water to rice
- 2 x chicken Oxo cubes, crushed
- pepper, lots
- 2 tbsp cold cubed salted butter
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the 3 tbsp of oil and add the onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and coat well with the oil and onions, then add the peas.
- Add the boiling water and sprinkle in the Oxo cubes; stir and bring back to the boil.
- Turn down the heat really low and cook for 14 minutes.
- Once cooked, stir well, add the butter, basil and parsley, re-season, and leave for 5 minutes covered.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket