Pork chops brushed with a simple spicy sauce made from mustard, ketchup and honey, grilled or baked, served with potato wedges and roasted very mild sweet chilli baby carrots. Good Halloween or bonfire food. This recipe will scale up easily for more people.
- 4 pork chops
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp brown sauce
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- pinch or two of salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 500 g Chantenay carrots
- 1 fresh red chilli medium, Jalapeno
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pre heat the grill to medium setting.
- Place the mustard, ketchup, brown sauce, sugar, honey, salt, and pepper into a bowl and mix well.
- Place the pork chops onto a chopping board, then nick the fat with a sharp knife at 1cm intervals.
- Place the chops onto a non-stick baking tray and spoon over half the sauce. Turn over and spoon over the rest of the sauce.
- Lightly grill on one side for 7-8 minutes.
- Carefully turn over, and grill the other side for 7-8 minutes, or until well browned but not black.
- Take care that you keep an eye on them (the amount of sugar and honey they will burn quickly).
- Serve with roasted carrots and a few potato wedges.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket