- 8 large mackerel fillets, boned
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g mashed potato
- 50 g salted butter, melted
- 100 milk, roughly
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped, heaped tbsp
- 8 spring onions, finely sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50 ml dark soy sauce
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Season each fillet with a little salt and pepper, then dust lightly in flour.
- Place skin side up into the hot oil and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn over the fillets and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, then turn off the heat and cover the whole pan with foil. Leave for 8 minutes or so.
- Place the hot mash into a bowl and add the butter and milk and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add the tarragon and onions and season well with pepper.
- Serve the rested fillets on top of the mash in deep bowls, then pour over a little soy sauce and little more chopped tarragon.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket