For this deceptively simple salad or starter to work, the tomatoes must be at room temperature and very ripe. Likewise, the quinoa which gives the salad substance should be warm.
- 12 tomatoes, medium, very ripe and cut into quarters
- 200 g salted cashew nuts, whole
- 500 g roughly cooked quinoa
- 4.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly ground
- 100 g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Place the tomatoes into a bowl and mix with the cashews.
- Add the cooked, warmed quinoa and mix lightly.
- Add the oil, vinegar and season well with salt and pepper and lightly mix.
- Spoon into bowls.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese and serve straight away.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket