Get your five-a-day in one tasty hit!
- 8 large chicken thighs, skin removed, but bone still in
- 2 medium onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 10 g good quality chicken stock cube
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 150 g frozen peas
- 150 g mangetout
- 75 g fine beans, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 small head broccoli, broken into small florets
- 100 g bag fresh spinach
For the Garlic Mayo
- 6 tbsp low calorie mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed finely
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander or parsley, really up to you
- 2 freshly milled black pepper
- pinch of paprika
- Place the chicken thighs, onions, stock cube and garlic into a deep saucepan.
- Just cover with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down, partially cover with a lid and simmer for 30-35 minutes.
- At the 35-40-minute point, check the liquid content. Make sure there is about 2cm above the meat.
- Add the peas, mange tout and peas and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the broccoli in a pan of simmering water and drain well.
- Add the broccoli and spinach to the stew and stir in well, but carefully.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayo, garlic, herbs, pepper and paprika.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables in a deep bowl with the garlic mayo separately.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket