Simple, cooked spaghetti, but with a brilliant green, tasty sauce; made from frozen peas, vegetable stock, fresh mint, extra virgin olive oil and a topping of Mozzarella. The result is very satisfying indeed, trust me!
- 300 g spaghetti, this will give you, 900g cooked
- 250 g frozen peas
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 g vegetable stock cube
- 100 ml boiling water
- 300 g fresh Mozzarella
- 4 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until just tender, drain and keep hot.
- Cook the peas in plenty of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, drain and keep warm.
- Pop half of the peas into a liquidiser or crush with the back of a fork.
- Add the olive oil and blitz or mix, gradually adding enough vegetable stock and boiling water to give you a nice sauce-like, green puree.
- Add the mint to the pasta, along with the remaining whole peas. Add the hot pea sauce, season with salt and pepper and stir well.
- Add the diced mozzarella and mix.
- Serve with a simple tomato salad and garlic bread.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket