Tomatoes are one of the easiest ways to increase your intake of brain-protecting nutrients called carotenoids. They eliminate free radicals, which your brain is particularly vulnerable to.
- 6 ripe, tasty tomatoes, at room temperature (if you can leave them in your fruit bowl for 2-3 days even better)
- 0.5 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly ground
- Mix well and leave for 10 minutes, serve at room temperature over the tortilla.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket