- 400 g chopped tomatoes in juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped finely
- 4 cloves smoked garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 organic vegetable stock cube (Kallo)
- 150 ml glass dry white wine
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- freshly milled black pepper
- Heat the oil add the onions, garlic and herbs.
- Cook for 10 minutes to soften.
- Add the wine and tomato puree and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Finally, add the tomatoes and juice, vinegar, stock cube, sugar and salt and pepper.
- Cook down slowly for 10 minutes until thick and pulpy.
- Serve hot over pasta, with grilled meats or fish, or cold as a bread topping with a few black olives sliced through.
- Also, a little Parmesan cheese stirred through makes a nice change.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket