- 2 kg shoulder of lamb, bone in
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 springs rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp salt, level
- ½ tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Worcester sauce
For the Sauce
- 8 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 8 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp capers, drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp gherkins, drained and chopped
- 4-6 salted anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard, optional
- 200 ml extra virgin olive oil, roughly
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 190C gas 5.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Next, place the lamb onto a chopping board and, with a sharp knife, make large, deep slashes across the meat, say 6-8 on both sides.
- Spoon over the marinade on both sides of the shoulder and rub in well.
- Place the shoulder into a baking tray and add 200mls water.
- Loosely cover with foil, place in the oven, and cook for three hours or until the meat falls off the bone when pressed, don’t be shy to overcook. You may need to cook for longer.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven, cover and leave for one hour in a warm place.
For the sauce:
- Place all the ingredients oil into a food processor and blitz until you have a chunky puree.
- Add the oil gradually in a thin stream; you may need a little more.
- If needed, add a dash of water, then leave for 30 minutes to infuse.
- Pull the meat off the bone in chinks and spoon over the sauce, and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket