Making smoked salmon dill pastries is a great way to impress your guests with an elegant and flavorful appetizer. These pastries are perfect for brunch, cocktail parties, or any special occasion. Serve and watch your guests be delighted by the delicious flavour combination.
- 350 g ready-rolled puff pastry sheets
- 1 beaten egg
- cracked black pepper
- sea salt
- 250 g smoked salmon, chopped
- 200 g mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp capers, finely chopped
- 2 small shallots, very finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- Ensure the pastry is well chilled, then cut it into 1.5cm long strips.
- Lightly oil the medium-sized cream horn moulds, starting at the tip of the mould, and wrap around the mould, slightly overlapping until the mould is covered.
- Pinch the top, then chill well again until all 8 are done.
- Egg generously and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then place on baking parchment and cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through and nicely coloured, then cool.
- Meanwhile, blitz the salmon, cheese, capers, shallots and dill just to bring together enough, so you have a nice consistency.
- Pipe into the cooled pastry horns.
- Add a piece of fresh dill to the end and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket