Phil has teamed up with Warburtons in the launch of their Gluten-Free bread range. Whether it is a piece of toast for breakfast, a tasty sandwich for lunch or a crumpet for supper, we eat the equivalent of 9 million loaves of bread each day in the UK. And now, people who follow a gluten-free or wheat-free diet or those with coeliac disease don't have to miss out on this tasty daily staple with the Warburtons Gluten-Free and Wheat-Free bakery range. Here is a recipe to try with Warburtons brown bread.
- 4 slices Warburtons Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free brown bread
- 200 g cream cheese
- 100 g strong Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 5 Peppadew peppers, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- 50 g fresh spinach leaves
- 4 eggs
- dash vinegar
- Place the cream cheese, Cheddar, mustard, peppers, salt and pepper into a bowl and really mix well.
- Add the egg yolks and again mix well.
- Lightly toast one side of the bread, and then spread the mixture evenly over the un-toasted side of the 4 slices.
- Place on a baking tray and grill or bake at a moderate heat. Don't rush it, though. You will find that they glaze and set perfectly.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs in simmering water with a dash of vinegar and a pinch of salt. Serve the toasties topped with a little fresh spinach and a soft poached egg.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket