I always forget how good healthy, and easy fish tacos are until I make them and vow to make them more often. They're adaptable to any not too expensive fish. You can use any white fish fillet, like sole, snapper, catfish, or tilapia.
- 1 large Dover Sole, filleted into 4 fillets, no skin
- 100 g flour
- 150 ml milk
For the Sauce
- 4 tbsp any oil
- 8 spring onions sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 0.5 small cucumber, very small dice, 1/2cm
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp any oil
For the Build
- 4 Little Gem lettuces, or similar romaine or cos
- 50 g fresh rocket leaves
- 200 g mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- squeeze lime juice
- 2 tbsp Siracha sauce
- 8 soft tortillas
- Heat the oil, add the onions and garlic to soften for 5 minutes, add the cucumber and cook for a further 5 minutes. Then remove the pan from the stove.
- Meanwhile, cut the fillets into 2 or 3 pieces, dust in flour, milk, then flour again
- Heat the butter and oil until foaming. Add the sole pieces and gently sauté for a minute or so the flip over for a further 2 minutes, do not overcook.
- Put some onion mix, a little lettuce, and rocket on top of a tortilla. Then add a squeeze of mayo, then top with a couple of pieces of fish.
- Add a little Sriracha sauce, fold and roll the tortilla.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket