- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and very finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and very finely chopped
- 2 small sticks of celery, very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 450 g lean minced steak
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tbsp flour
- 500 ml red wine, (2 large glasses)
- 300 ml passata
- pinch dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 300 ml strong beef stock, approx.
- Heat the olive oil add the onions, celery, carrot, garlic and oregano and cook for 3 minutes to soften.
- Add the mince and bay leaf and break up with a wooden spoon cook for about 6-7 minutes.
- Add the flour to soak up the juices.
- Add the tomato paste, passata, wine and salt and pepper and cook over a low heat for a few minutes.
- Finally, add the stock and bring to a very slow simmer, then cook for 1 hour very slowly.
- Reseason and add a touch of milk serve with spaghetti that is just cooked.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket