Remember this is a braised rice dish and not a paella.
- 4 chicken legs, cut in two, chop the knuckles from the drumstick, so you have a bare bone
- 200 g cooking chorizo, skinned and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large red pepper, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 2 small onions , finely chopped
- 300 g paella rice
- 1 chicken oxo cube
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- pinch chilli flakes
- 600 ml boiling water
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Heat a large ovenproof pan with the olive oil.
- Season the chicken pieces well with salt and ground pepper.
- Brown nicely, then remove from the pan.
- Next, add the chorizo and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, so the beautiful red oil comes out of the chorizo.
- Add the peppers and onions and brown well.
- Next, add the rice and coat well with the peppers and onions.
- Add the paprika, chilli and water and stir well.
- Place the chicken pieces on top and push down slightly.
- Bring to a gentle simmer, then cover and pop into the oven.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the rice has absorbed all the stock.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to rest for 20 minutes covered.
- When ready to serve, break up the rice and chicken and cover with lots of chopped parsley.
- Serve with lemon wedges and extra paprika as a seasoning in you want.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket