The only drink to have late Sunday morning is Bloody Mary - very spicy and chilled. The best thing to do is to make it the night before and chill overnight. Here I've decided to make it into a great starter. It's quick and easy, and you can even pop it into a flask and take it on picnics!
- 100 ml vodka, (3½ fl oz)
- 800 g chopped tomatoes in rich tomato sauce, 2 x 400g cans
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 200 ml water
- 4 tsp caster sugar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1.5 celery salt
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil and celery leave, to garnish
- This one's simple - pop everything in a liquidiser and blitz for a couple of minutes until smooth.
- Taste and check the seasoning, then chill well.
- Serve in bowls with a drizzle of olive oil over the surface and garnish with celery leaves.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket