Re-enjoy this little gem, I wish I was there but I am firmly tucked up at home!
- 1.2 kg Mahi Mahi fillets, (8 x 150g), or bream, haddock, bass, pollock, tilapia, mullet
- 2 whole sweetcorn, cut into quarters lengthways then cut in half
- 12 okra
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
For the Salad
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 fresh okra, chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp any vinegar
- 6 tbsp Cajun or Jerk seasoning powder
- Siracha hot sauce or similar
- Heat a small frying pan or bbq.
- Add the sweetcorn and okra and season well with salt and Cajun or Jerk seasoning.
- Cook over high heat to get some real colour into it.
- Mix all the ingredients for the salad together and mix well. Again season well with salt and pepper.
- Liberally coat the fillets in the seasoning and a little extra salt.
- Carefully lay the fish into the pan so that it sits on the thick spice crust and cook over high heat to brown and get a nice crust, say for 3-4 minutes, then flip over and take off the heat. Leave to rest in the pan until ready to serve, do not overcook.
- Place the fish onto a plate, then arrange the sweetcorn and okra.
- Spoon over the pepper mix and finally, a little hot sauce. Serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket