- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- 200 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 large ripe tomato, chopped
Kale Sprout Cakes
- 1 pack kale/sprouts, cooked and refreshed
- 8 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- 8 spicy pepperdew peppers, finely chopped
- 8 tbsp mayonnaise
- 8 eggs
- Heat the oil in a medium wok.
- Add the spices (apart from the paprika) and cook for 20-30 seconds, do not burn.
- Add the potatoes and mix well, season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the paprika and spinach and cover with a lid.
- Turn down the heat and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once cooked, add the tomatoes stir well and re season.
- Cool the base mixture, then crush slightly with a potato masher.
- Roughly chop half the kale/sprouts add the cooled potato mix.
- Add the breadcrumbs and egg white mix well then leave for 15 minutes.
- Mould into 8 small cakes, then gently fry in hot oil and butter until lightly browned and warmed through.
- Serve with 1 poached egg on each patty.
- Mix the mayo with the peppers and spoon over the eggs.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket