Perfect for Boxing Day, and can be made well in advance.
- 200 g potato, cooked & cubed
- 200 g squash, cubed well roasted
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 1 red onion, chopped in small chunks
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 pinch chilli powder
- 1 pinch freshly milled black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin, level
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 ml full fat milk
- Roll the pastry out and carefully line the flan ring.
- Prick well, line with greaseproof paper, fill with baking beans and bake blind in a moderate oven until set but with no colour. It should take about 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking beans and paper, brush the hot case with beaten egg and leave to set.
- Cook the onion, coriander, and spices together in the butter until nice and soft but with no colour and spread into the prepared flan case.
- Mix the potato, squash in a bowl, then place on top the onion mixture.
- Whip the egg and egg yolk together along with the milk and season well with salt and pepper
- Pour over the potato and squash mixture and pop in the preheated oven set, about 20 minutes again.
- Remember to take it out of the oven slightly before the pie is set, so it does not overcook.
- Serve at room temperature cut into large slices and with a large rocket and Parmesan salad, with a drizzle of olive oil.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket