- 1 medium onion, peeled and VERY finely chopped
- 50 g butter
- 0.5 tsp ground cloves
- 4 Bramley apples, peeled, cored and chopped finely
- finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Heat the butter and then add the onion and cloves, cover and cook for 10 minutes to soften nicely.
- Next, add the apples, lemon juice, zest sage, sugar and a little water, cover, and cook for 10-15 minutes until pulpy and nice and thick.
- Season well with salt and pepper and serve with turkey, chicken or pork.
- It must not be too sweet or runny.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket