The perfect cranberry sauce to bring out the flavour of your turkey.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, heaped
- 2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped very finely
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150 g fresh cranberries
- 2 large apples, peeled and cored and chopped finely
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100 ml cider vinegar (Gluten-Free)
- 300 ml cold water
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the vegetable oil in a stainless steel saucepan.
- Add the cumin and nutmeg and stir around in the hot oil to release their wonderful aroma, but do not burn.
- Next, add the onions and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Next, add the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the cranberries and apples, sugar and some salt and pepper and stir well.
- Pour in the vinegar and cold water, bring to a boil, turn down the heat and simmer gently for about 25 minutes.
- When nearly all the liquid has evaporated, check the seasoning and adjust if necessary. Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the olive oil and leave to cool.
- It's as simple as that.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket