- 50 g pork fillet
- ½ tsp dried chilli
- ½ egg white
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 150 g Monterey Jack cheddar, grated
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- squeeze lime
- 8 soft tortillas
- Cut the pork into very thin strips.
- In a bowl, mix the chilli, egg white and cornflour well, then add the pork with a pinch of salt.
- Coat well.
- Heat a non-stick wok, cook over high heat, add a little oil, and then sauté the onions quickly.
- Add the coated pork and cook again over a high heat until the pork takes a little colour.
- Add the tomatoes and cook down until you have a thick sauce; season and cool.
- Lay one tortilla into a non-stick frying pan and spoon a ¼ of the mix evenly over it.
- Add a sprinkling of cheese and some fresh coriander, and squeeze lime.
- Top with a second tortilla and place the tortilla on a medium heat to start the cooking process.
- Cut a piece of baking parchment to fit snugly on the top tortilla.
- Gently heat a second frying pan and then place it on top of the baking parchment, so you cook from above and below. You can pop the pans into a hot oven to cook through if you want.
- You may need to reheat the top pan a couple of times to warm through thoroughly.
- Alternately you can cook in a quesadilla cooker.
- Lift the cooked quesadilla, cut and eat.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket